If you are considering adding a new patio to your home, you’re probably researching to find the best options. Your end goal may be determined by several factors, such as associated benefits of different styles, and of course the costs associated with differences. Common patio materials include wood, grave, paving stones, and concrete. While each of the material has its advantages, concrete encompasses the benefits of the other materials. Here are some of the top reasons why a concrete patio may be the best option if you live in San Diego.
With simple maintenance, concrete can last for at least 30 years. If care is done right, concrete is exceptionally durable and long-lasting because it gains its strength as time goes on. Another advantage of concrete is the fact that it is resistant to erosion, high traffic quantity, and weathering, making a perfect investment for your patio. With concrete patios, you won’t reconstruct your patio floor regularly, thus saving you time and money. Concrete patio lasts long because it is resistant to most weather conditions, including snow, rain, and cold. Remember, the alternative to concrete patios include pavers, wood, and stone. While wood either rots or splinters, the stone is quite hard to clean, and pavers splints regularly, and they have to be readjusted.
Quick & easy to install
Installing concrete is quick and easy. If you are looking to have a usable new patio in a few days, concrete patios are the best option. Compared to other patio alternatives that require several days or weeks to install, concrete is usually poured in one solid piece in one day. Then, day two is for curing, and by day three, you can have a wonderful new patio in your home.
Concrete is cheaper than wood, brick, or stone. Paving stones and wood are attractive and lovely, but they can be expensive. They are costly and labor-intensive, making the final cost hefty. On the other hand, concrete is affordable and easy to install, thus lowering installation costs. When installing a concrete patio, most jobs can be done by hand quickly and efficiently, thus reducing labor costs.
Concrete patio installation is straightforward because concrete is poured in one piece with steel rebar used to add strength. After a day or two, curing is done to make your patio strong and durable. It is crucial to hire an experienced concrete contractor to guarantee durability. The use of the right concrete grade and the ratio is vital when installing a concrete patio.
When installing a patio in your home, low maintenance should be a requirement to save money and time. The low maintenance requirements for concrete is one of the reasons why busy homeowners prefer concrete patio. Besides sweeping, you can use a garden hose to rinse your concrete patio quickly. However, after a couple of years, you need to apply an excellent sealant to increase the patio’s durability and functionality. Concrete patios are ideal because wood rots or warps, requiring repair or replacement after some time. Pavers can chip, shift, or crack while cleaning debris, weeds, or grass between stones is challenging and time-consuming. Wood should be resealed and touched up frequently, while pavers require regular maintenance to keep them in place and prevent grass from growing between them. This makes such patio materials costly to maintain compared to concrete.
Concrete offers versatility because it can be colored to match the theme or your décor, curved or stamped to mimic any design, brick, tile, stone, or wood grain! However, you need to hire a professional to help you achieve the level of versatility you want. One of the advantages of concrete is the fact that you can make it look however you want. If you’re going to have a specific stain, color, curve, pattern, or shape, concrete can help you achieve that. Ergo, concrete will help you express your style; for instance, you can have your patio engraved, stenciled, stained, exposed, or stamped. Materials like wood or stone remain just like what they are, wood or stone, respectively, because they are not versatile.
Since concrete does not burn, it is the ideal construction material for your patio. In case you expose the concrete to flames or heat, it is not damaged, making it a perfect choice for homeowners who hold garden parties with fire pits and barbeques. Besides being fire resistant, concrete prevents the entry of pollutants, pollen, and dust, thus creating a safe, healthy, and secure environment for your friends and family.
Factors to consider when choosing your patio material:
• Usage – the material you choose should be functional to suit your needs. For instance, if you plan to have furniture on your patio, the surface should be smooth. Hence, choosing concrete is a better choice than gravel.
• Climate & environment – the materials should withstand harsh weather conditions. For example, wood is a classic patio material, but when the weather changes, it starts to warp and form mold, making your patio wear off and look old.
• Cost – it is crucial to have an estimated budget because patio materials have different prices. Consulting a professional and researching online is vital to help you make the right choice that meets your functional needs.
• Durability – choose a patio material that’s durable to avoid spending a lot of money on repair, maintenance, or replacement. Usually, your patio’s durability depends on the process of installation, materials used, and traffic. A patio contractor can help you make the right choice if you are not sure of the material to choose from.
• Patio size – patio size determines the material to be used. For example, a large patio translated to more material and labor, thus high cost of purchase and installation. Hence, if you are on a tight budget, choosing a cheaper patio material like concrete is a good move.
• Your style – your taste and preference are also a factor to consider when choosing patio material. A good patio material should make your backyard beautiful and elegant. However, the material should also complement or match the materials used to build your house.
• Care and maintenance – although you require to maintain your patio to last long, minimal maintenance translates to reduced maintenance costs. It is essential to consult a local patio builder to determine the material that requires minimal care and maintenance in your locality.
Finally, choosing the right patio material is crucial because it will determine the amount of money you will spend purchasing, installing, and maintaining your patio. Consult with our experts today to help answer any questions you may have about concrete patios.
These guys were really great, I had them come quote a job where they could have easily made a buck off of me, but instead they told me how I could easily do the project myself and save thousands. Feels rare to come across honesty like that! I would definitely trust this company to do an amazing job. I’ll be calling them for future needs!
House Painting & Exterior Coating
Designs 4 you really did their part , I was impressed from the time I called to schedule an appointment and more impressed when the project manager showed up ! These guys are amazing !
Landscape & Hardscape Design